Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bungee Jumping

Without despair ever setting in, I am as close to knowing what a suicide jumper feels like as he plummets towards the pavement below as I will ever get(or want to).


Was I nervous, yeah, a bit. I had been climbing around on a tree course and zip-lining prior to this so the height thing didn't bother me so much. As I hobbled towards the edge of the platform I asked the guide, "Whenever?", "Yeah, whenever." I looked down, put my hands up and jumped. I immediately thought something like why am I doing this but I guess that was natural. A silence enveloped me as a I rushed towards the river bed, the wind passing me by as my only friend. As I approached the water I immediately slowed down, plunged into the river up to my waist and then was plucked out like a fish out of water and flung back up towards the bridge. I came down and then up and then down. I finally slowed down and got off onto a raft which carried me over towards the dock. I did it. I DID IT!

Yes I would do it again.




No comments: